QuickBooks has redefined the genre of financial management software. It is innovative and wildly popular. It would be an understatement to say that it has helped millions of small and mid-sized business owners across the globe in meeting their business goals. It has a super smooth UI which is welcoming for even novice users, and robust coding to support all of its heavy functionality.
However, this software comes with its fair share of technical issues sometimes like all other software. An example of such issues is the QuickBooks Error PS077 or PS032.
The QuickBooks Error code PS077 or PS032 is critical to the functioning of this financial manager, and it needs to be addressed at once when it occurs. To sum them up in a line, these Payroll errors show up when users try to download updates of QuickBooks Payroll. If you come across this issue while downloading the Payroll updates, then you need not worry as Quickbak has got it all covered.
In this blog, we have covered the QuickBooks Error PS032 and the QuickBooks Error PS077 in detail. Continue forward to know all the relevant data.
An Insight on the QuickBooks Error PS077 or PS032
These errors can be seen when the user tries to download payroll updates. The error message comes up with something like:
“QuickBooks is having trouble installation payroll tax table update”
We would like to highlight that the prefix PS indicates QuickBooks payroll error. These errors can hinder the progress of QuickBooks functionalities. There can be various factors behind the occurrence of this issue, which we will cover in the next section.
Causes of the QuickBooks Error Code PS077 or PS032
- It happens when QuickBooks fails to read the information registered for the software;
- Another probable cause can be that the Billing Information may be incorrect;
- QB Payroll or some of its components might have caused damage to the tax table files;
- The billing information has not been updated, or is incorrect;
- QuickBooks Company file might have got damaged or corrupted;
- Another possible reason is that you haven’t registered your QuickBooks software.
Points to Note Before Proceeding with the Fixes
- The user needs to validate the QuickBooks payroll subscription first;
- Also, the user needs to update the QuickBooks desktop application;
- The user should also remember to take a backup of the QuickBooks company file;
- Another thing that the users should consider is that the billing information entered in the payroll account is correct, and verified;
- Please ensure that you have only one QuickBooks application installed on the system
Also read: QuickBooks File Doctor
Resolving the QuickBooks Error PS077 or PS032
Now that you have an idea of the causes, and the ways to identify the occurrence of QuickBooks Error code PS077 or PS032, we can now proceed to cover the fixes. After describing the troubleshooting techniques, we will cover the conditions that you need to meet.
- The first thing you need to do is to Logout from your QuickBooks account;
- After that close all your system windows, you need to ensure that no QuickBooks windows are left open;
- Launch the Windows task manager and then verify all opened QB windows;
- After this, you have to relaunch QuickBooks and attempt to download the payroll updates once again;
- If the issue still persists, then you need to go to File and select Utilities, and then click on Repair QuickBooks.
- For this, you need to log in to your online Intuit account and verify your QuickBooks License, check whether you have the most recent update for your QuickBooks version;
- Now you need to verify your details such as billing information dates on your QuickBooks Payroll service account information;
- Now you have to refer the issue to the QuickBooks error technical support team which is responsible for fixing your QuickBooks errors;
- The next step is to check and create the QuickBooks data by going to file and then utilities;
- If you are a user of Microsoft Windows 7 or 8, then you need to switch off User account control (UAC) and then try to download the QuickBooks Payroll updates.
Conditions to Remember before Fixing QuickBooks Error code PS077 or PS032
- If you have a version of QuickBooks desktop installed, you need not make the backup of your QuickBooks company file;
- If you have multiple versions of QuickBooks Desktop, then you need to remove all the additional installations or Reset your QuickBooks update;
- You need to download the latest payroll tax tables;
- There is a need to re-sort the lists, and use the Verify Data/Rebuild Data process;
- You might also need to perform a clean Uninstall/Re-install in Selective Startup.
To conclude, the QuickBooks Error PS077 or PS032 is fairly simple to resolve. All you need to do is refer to the steps mentioned in the blog. We have covered the steps in a detailed manner with minimal jargon to ensure that you walk through the process with ease.
Visit for more info: Isposting