We all know that QuickBooks is a popular application, installed on millions of systems across the world. They are used by small and medium business owners, entrepreneurs, accountants and freelancers from across the globe. Also, these application has simplified accounting and bookkeeping to a large extent. It is widely popular for being an application that is simple and easy to use, along with being practical for those who lack technical skills.
But, the users of this software also face bugs, known as QuickBooks Errors. These issues arise during installation, updation, or repairing of the QuickBooks software. One such QB error is the QuickBooks Update Error 1328. It baffles the users as they can’t access anything on QuickBooks. we will get to know all details about this issue, including the causes, symptoms, and ways to fix the error.
What Do We Mean By Quickbooks Error 1328 Applying Patch
The QuickBooks Update Error 1328 happens when the QB user can’t update or install their software on the system. Its error message pops up showing details with the error code, along with a description of the error. One can take the reference of this error from C:\config.msi\ (because all the paths start from here). One can fix the error when one knows the possible reasons.
What Are The Possible Reasons For Quickbooks Error 1328 Applying Patch?
Users can fix the QuickBooks Update Error 1328 only when they know the reasons behind the constant rising of this error. Even though we know that tmp files are the primary reasons behind this error, we still need to understand all the reasons that might cause this issue.
QuickBooks errors occur without warning. The error message may appear on the screen each time the Adobe Reader software is run. In fact, the error message or other dialog box may appear again and again if not dealt with very soon.
There may be instances of files being deleted or new files appearing. Although this symptom is largely due to virus infection, it can be attributed as a runtime error symptom because virus infection is one of the causes of the runtime error. The user may also experience a sudden drop in internet connection speed, yet again, this is not always the case.
- There are issues with downloading the QuickBooks due to corruption in QB files.
- The other program files are damaged right from their downloading stage.
- There are connectivity issues because of a weak internet connection.
- The user has improper installation files.
- There are invalid entries in the Windows registry, leading to this error.
- The system is under a malware attack, corrupting programs and files.
- Due to sudden power failure, the system abruptly shut down and caused issues with the software.
- You have an invalid license for installing QuickBooks.
How Can We Identify The QuickBooks Update Error 1328?
Whenever the users face QuickBooks Update Error 1328, they are usually unaware that their system is suffering through this error. Hence, we have provided a list of all possible indicators, that might cause this issue. Refer to this list to avoid failures in the future:
- The system may not be able to update your QuickBooks Desktop program.
- Apart from that, an error message may pop up on the screen with the error code itself.
- The system won’t let the user complete the repair process of QuickBooks.
- Your system is responding sluggishly to the inputs, and there are frequent crashes in the system while working.
- QuickBooks is responding pathetically slow, crashing in between multiple times.
- You can’t install or install the QB software easily.
You may also read: QuickBooks Error 6000 77 When Opening a Company File
How do I fix error 1328 in QuickBooks??
There are multiple ways of fixing the Quickbooks Error 1328 Applying Patch. However, we have listed only the solution that is most effective against this error.
Method 1 : Look For Window Updates
If integral components of Windows OS, such as NET framework, C++, and MSXML don’t work to their best, it can impact the efficiency of QuickBooks. Any damage or corruption to these components will result in the non-functioning of the QuickBooks. Hence we will learn how to fix search issues.
- Firstly, go to start, and type windows updates, when you look into the search box.
- After that, check the windows update icon on these search results options.
- Now click this option: Check for updates.
- Finally, restart the system to check if any pending update is available or not. If available download and install these updates.
- Finally, restart the system to check if the issue is resolved or not.
Method 2: Reinstall Runtime Libraries
You may get the error because of an update, like the MS Visual C++ package which may not be installed correctly or completely. What you can do next is uninstall the current package and install a fresh copy.
- Uninstall the package by going to Programs and Features, find and highlight Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package.
- Click Uninstall at the top of the list and when done restart your computer.
- Download the latest Microsoft redistributable package and then install it.
Related post: How do I fix QuickBooks Error 3371?