QuickBooks has been one of the most popular accounting software in recent years. It includes several features that may be customized for various businesses and are user-friendly. Even though there are other online options, QuickBooks Desktop is a favorite among small and medium-sized businesses.
There are many errors that desktop users can encounter when using the software such as error 1603, error 6000, error 6123, and much more. This article will explain QuickBooks error code 3371 and its variations, and how to fix QuickBooks error 3371.
This article has discussed the QuickBooks error 3371 and the reasons it can occur. It also offers a different solution to the QuickBooks Company File (QBW) if the given error s does not work.
Concerning The Error
An error 3371 can occur when you try to reconfigure QuickBooks Desktop or open QB. This error message is displayed:
Could not initialize the license properties’. The license data of Error 3371 could not be loaded by QuickBooks. This problem can occur due to missing or damaged files.
Different status codes can cause QuickBooks error 3371
Error 3371 Status Code – 11118
Error 3371, Status Code 1
This error can irritate as it blocks access to the Company file (QBW). You need to fix the problems to fix the problem. The troubleshooting steps can take a while to resolve the problem and may not allow the Company file to be accessible again. To quickly access your company file, you can use a QuickBooks file repair utility.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 3371?
The error message indicates that 3371 occurs when QB fails to load the license data. This error could also be caused by a damaged or missing QuickBooks Company file. You may also get this error in these other situations:
- The file containing your QB registration information (QBregistration.dat) is missing from your QuickBooks Desktop installation.
- QuickBooks Desktop uses the Microsoft component MSXML to recover Qbregistration.dat information required to open QB. Error 3371 might be brought on by a damaged component.
- The licensing data, or license file, for Intuit is corrupted or broken.
- When backing up QB data from the C:/drive to another drive, you may receive error 3371.
What Is QuickBooks Error 3371 Displayed On The Desktop?
Even though there are no specific circumstances under which QuickBooks Problem 3371 or its variations might occur, users are more likely to run into the error when QuickBooks Desktop is active. Here are some possible scenarios where users may have encountered this error.
- Transferring QuickBooks installation from one system into another
- During QuickBooks installation, license information was lost or damaged.
- Windows installation issues. The Operating system may not be able to support QuickBooks or the MSXML component might be damaged.
- Moving data between drives.
Numerous things, such as network issues or modifications to the anti-virus software setup, might contribute to these errors.
Methods To Fix The QuickBooks Error 3371
Here are some ways to fix QB error 3371. Continue with the next solution if the error persists.
Method 1 – Windows Update
It’s not necessary if Tool Hub has previously been set up. These steps will help you ensure that Windows has the most recent updates.
- Click on the Windows icon at QBDT and select ‘All Programs.’ Then click on ‘Windows Update.
- Install the updates and then reinstall QuickBooks.
Method 2 – Run 3371 Error Fix From The Tool Hub
You need to get the most recent version of the QuickBooks Tool hub.
Please enter enough text to summarize.
- You need to open the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file.
- Now, follow the prompts on the screen to complete the Tool Hub installation.
- By double-clicking the Tool Hub’s icon on your Windows desktop when the installation is complete, you may access the Tool Hub.
- Once the QuickBooks Tool Hub window has opened, click on the Installation Issues tab.
- Click ‘3371 Error Repair’ on the screen titled ‘Installation Issues’ and then click OK.
- Start QBDT now and open your data file.
Method 3 – Recreate And Delete Damaged Entitlement Files Manually
Many people have reported that they were able to fix the 3371 QuickBooks error simply by recreating their entitlement file. To recreate the file you’ll need to delete it first.
- To launch the Run window, press the ‘Windows’ key and the ‘R’ keys together.
- On the ‘Run’ window, type ‘C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8’, and then press the ‘Enter’ button. This will open a folder with ‘EntitlementDataStore.ecml’ file.
Note: If the Entitlement folder does not open, replace the v8 in the above path with the v6.
- Right-click the ECML files and click Delete.
- To confirm the deletion of selected files, click ‘Yes’
- Open your QuickBooks program, then the Company file.
- Next, follow the prompts on the screen to register for the QB Program again.
Method 4 – Perform A Clean Installation Of QuickBooks Desktop
To fix the problem, clean and install QBDT. You should speak with Microsoft or an IT expert to repair the OS if this occurs.
Another Option To Solve The QuickBooks Error 3371
If the standard steps fail to yield results, QuickBooks errors can be difficult to diagnose. When Windows support is not accessible, it might be challenging to troubleshoot difficulties like QuickBooks Error 3371. CAccountingPro can avoid these problems. You can call on Quickbooks error 3371 support number anytime to fix QuickBooks error 3371. They are available to help you with any installation issues.