Individuals can groom them by utilizing beauty service apps or any salon scheduling software and book their appointments online. With the help of the application, every salon has started getting more footfall. This made every salon owner show interest in developing salon appointment scheduling software.
There are many more statistical proofs to show the rise of online beauty services that will make your mind more determined in developing your salon booking platform.
- The revenue earned by the beauty and wellness industry is $535 billion and it is expected to reach $720 billion.
- Every year, the industry is showing a gradual growth of a 5% increase in sales.
- More than 1 million salons and spas are being operated in the U.S. and provide employment opportunities to more than 1.4 million people.
- Around 28% of customers who visit spas are between the age of 30 to 45.
These fascinating figures are more than enough to convince any entrepreneur to start his own beauty services.
How to initiate the development of salon appointment booking software?
Without perfect IT support, it is not possible to start your online salon business. You can either reach out to an app developing company, can share your complete requirement, and make them develop the beauty service app from scratch or you can directly purchase any readymade salon scheduling software.
This process mainly depends on your fund and time availability. If you have huge funds and more time to spend and wait then you can go for developing the app from scratch else it is advisable to purchase a ready-to-launch salon platform.
Essential features for salon appointment booking software
You need to focus on the feature part as it has a crucial role in conversion. You can acquire more customers and also can retain mainly with the platform features. For running a perfect beauty service app, your features need to focus on the user groups which are the admin, salon owners, and customers.
- Manage users – multiple users like individual stylists, salon owners, and customers will be registered with the salon app. The admin should be able to control all users.
- Manage CMS – any existing third-party APIs need to be integrated with the platform that will support the business operation and the admin should be able to monitor them.
- Reports generation – multiple reports are needed to analyze the business performance and the platform should in reports generation.
- Manage payments – numerous payment transactions happen within the salon software and the admin should be able to handle all payments and should also clear all payouts that have to be settled with salon owners and stylists.
- Handle revenue streams – the platform will integrated with multiple revenue streams like commission fees, subscriptions, service listings, and many more. The admin needs to effectively handle all sources and should increase the revenue of the platform.
- Manage marketing channels – several marketing tools are in-built into the beauty service app and this will reduce the marketing cost for the admin and will get him better brand recognition among his audience.
- Multiple spas and salons – an individual salon owner may have multiple spas in different locations. The platform should support the management of all the spa centers under a single salon booking platform.
Salon owners / individual stylists features
- Setting own profile – every salon owner or the stylist needs to set his profile page with the required information. Customers will first check the profile of the salon before they fix their appointment. So salon owners should allowed to fill in the complete history on the profile page.
- Service management – the salon owner should be able to add multiple services in the application and should set prices for each service and should set catalog for them.
- Accept/reject bookings – once a booking is made by a customer, the salon owner or the stylist should allowed to accept or reject the booking. Through proper push notification feature the message should delivered to the concerned customer.
- Assign stylist – before confirming the booking, the salon owner will check for the stylist’s availability. Then will confirm the order. Soon after confirming, the particular stylist will scheduled for that order and proper reminders should sent to the stylist as well as the customer.
- In-app chat – the customer and the salon owner or the stylist should allowed to communicate with the help of in-app chat. This will help the customer to know more about their services and will help them in booking the service.
- View ratings and reviews – the salon owner should be allowed to view the rating and reviews given by their customers. This will help them to enhance their quality of service and to acquire more positive feedback.
- Easy payment withdrawal – every payment made by the customer will received by the platform. the salon owner should able to withdraw their payment after deducting their commission fee.
- Social media login – the salon appointment booking software should have a simplified login procedure. It should allow social media that will help customers to get into the app with just a few clicks.
- Easy search – customers should be able to find out the service they need through advanced search and filtering options. Without spending much time, they should reach the concerned service page.
- Booking page – the software should have a separate booking page that will facilitate customers in the easy booking process. The page should integrated with payment gateways so that they can pay & book their service.
- Order history – customers should be able to view the previous orders they have placed in the app. Should be able to view services they have received.
- Review and ratings – the salon scheduling software should allow customers to share their opinion about the service they have received.
With this, you will be clear about building salon appointment scheduling software. Being a service-oriented business, you need to pay more attention to customer satisfaction. Make sure all your customers are comfortable with your service and you need to retain them with you forever. By utilizing perfect salon appointment booking software.