QuickBooks Error 6000 77 is frequently encountered when attempting to open a QuickBooks company file stored on another computer or server. Users may experience this issue if they cause damage or corruption to the company file. Users cannot access their company file or create a backup of the file if this error occurs. However, you must resolve this error as soon as possible so that you can access the company file and continue with your ongoing business activities.
Users with no technical knowledge might find the steps to configure company file errors a little complicated. So, I recommend not to perform these steps until you are completely sure. This post has listed stepwise instructions to defeat QuickBooks Error 6000 77. If you don’t feel safe performing these steps on your own due to data damage, then connect with our experts. Dial +1(855)-738-0359.
Reasons Why You Need might Experience QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77
Recognizing the root causes behind the occurrence of QuickBooks Error 6000 77 might help you resolve the error. Therefore, to make it simpler and more convenient for you, we have described some of the prominent causes of the error. Have a glimpse of the below-listed pointers.
- It may happen while attempting to access the company file stored on an external drive or a different location.
- Damage to the.ND and . TLG files may also be responsible.
- Another reason may be insufficient folder access to open the company file.
- Sometimes, it may appear when the mapped network path for the data file is incorrect.
Related Blog Post: QuickBooks Database Maintenance Repair Is In Progress
Best Approaches to Overcome QuickBooks Enterprise Error 6000 77
We understand that it might frustrate the users when they cease to access the company file due to QuickBooks Error 6000 77. Therefore, to cope with such company file errors, you must perform some of the simple hacks listed below.
Solution 1: Recreating the damaged company file folder
- Make a new folder on your computer’s hard drive, the C: drive.
- Now, access the folder that consists of your QuickBooks Desktop company files. Then, browse for the file having the file extension “.qbw” at the end of the filename.
- Once you locate your file, right-click on it, and select the Copy option.
- After this, open the new folder you recently created and then paste the file.
- You are required to set the access permissions for Windows to share the data file.
- Launch QuickBooks and then access your company file via a new location.
Solution 2: Make Use of the QuickBooks File Doctor from QB Tool Hub
Intuit develops the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to repair the company file and networking issues in QB. Therefore, to operate this tool, you are required to perform the steps listed below.
Also Read: QuickBooks Connections has been lost
Step 1: Install and Run QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Get the recently launched version of QuickBooks Tool Hub and save it to the preferable location.
- After this, open the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Go through the instructions shown on your computer screen to install the tool and consent to the license agreement.
Step 2: Utilize File Doctor Tool Via QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub, and then opt for the Company File Issues tab.
- Afterwards, tap on the Run QuickBooks File Doctor; it will take some time for the tool to open.
- Pick your company file from the drop-down menu list, click Check your file option, and then move ahead.
- After this, put the QuickBooks admin password and then tap on Next.
Wrapping It Up!!
So, here we summarize our post and hope that the information provided is sufficient enough for you to eliminate QuickBooks Error 6000 77. However, if you are still experiencing the same issue while opening a company file, we suggest you take our experts’ help. For that, you need to ring us at our +1(855)-738-0359, and you will get all answers to your queries right away.