QuickBooks is excellent accounting software that offers top-notch features and functions to make the accounting process much easier. However, to avoid malfunctioning, updating the software to the most recent version is critical. However, when you attempt to update it to the most current version, it requires the selection of the Network share, user-system, and Server Operating system. The entire upgrade procedure necessitates a separate procedure, and users may encounter the QuickBooks connection has been lost issue. When this error occurs, users may see the following error message on their computer screen:
“The connection to the company file has been lost. QuickBooks must close immediately. Any unsaved data will need to be re-entered”.
However, it is necessary to fix this error asap with the simple techniques elaborated in this post. Continue reading this post to know in-depth information about the error.
Are you tired of trying all the possible solutions to fix QuickBooks Network Connection error? If yes, don’t worry and simply connect with one of our highly-trained experts by dialing our helpline number +1(855)-738-0359 and get the exceptional solutions to deal with the error.
Major Reasons Why you confront QuickBooks Network Connection Failure error
Before diving into the troubleshooting solutions, users must know why the QuickBooks connection has been lost. Therefore, to make it easier and convenient for you, we have outlined all the possible reasons below:
- You might discover that your company file’s folder does not have proper admin access rights.
- It occurs when the company file is stored on another system or on a portable drive. As a result, the connection to the storage device is broken.
- The users might experience this error when the data in the company file is either damaged or corrupt.
- Sometimes, it could happen when multiple systems on a network are configured to host the QuickBooks company file.
Related Post: QuickBooks Error 404
Solutions to counter QuickBooks Network Connection Error Instantly
Don’t panic if you’re tired of looking for the right solution to the QuickBooks connections have been lost error. We have provided you with some tried and tested solutions using which you can easily get rid of the issue.
Solution 1:- Change the location of your QuickBooks company file
- In the first step, create and give a name to a folder on your preferred drive.
- Next, look for the location where the company file is stored.
- Copies the Company file and pastes it into the newly created folder.
- Open the QuickBooks application while holding down the ‘Ctrl + Shift’ key.
- When the ‘No Company Window’ appears, release the keys.
- After this, opt for the ‘Open or restore an existing company file’ option.
- Click the ‘Open a Company File’ button and then the ‘Next’ button.
- Open the file from the newly created folder.
Also Read: QuickBooks Invoice Payment Error
Solution 2:- Make use of Quick Fix My Program through QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- To begin the process, get the currently launched QuickBooks tool hub and then save the file on a preferred location.
- After this, navigate to the downloaded setup file named QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- Next, you need to follow the directions displayed on the screen to accomplish the installation and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once the installation is finished, open QB Tool Hub by double-tapping on its icon on your desktop.
- Afterwards, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and tap on the highlighted Program Problems tab.
- End the process by picking the Quick Fix My Program tab.
Wrapping It Up!!
We give you the complete surety that the troubleshooting solutions listed above will help you eliminate QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost error. However, if still, the error prevails, you can take help from our excerpts anytime by dialing the helpline number +1(855)-738-0359.