Delta Airlines work with the passenger’s needs and requirements to offer the facilities accordingly. You can grab all the flight information online at their website and book the flight journey. Once you reserve the flight seat, you must learn about the economy baggage policy rules. You need to meet the essential requirement for the baggage to board the flight or pay the charges for the excess luggage. For this, you can read further and get all the terms and conditions for your economy class luggage.
- Basic economy passengers can carry one free carry-on bag with one personal item.
- The combined length, height, and weight of your bag must not cross the 45-liner inches or 114 cm.
- The individual measurement of the bags can be 22 x 14 x 9 inches or 56 x 35 x 23 cm in length, width and height.
- These measurements include the handles or wheels.
- If your carry-on bag doesn’t fit in the overhead bin, then it will be considered as checked luggage with delta airlines.
- The personal item includes one purse, briefcase, small backpack, camera bag, diaper bag, etc.
To travel in the economy with delta airlines, you can read the given limitations for checked baggage:
- You can carry the first standard checked bag of 50 lbs or 23 kg in the economy class. In this case, you need to pay the fees of $30 US each way.
- A $40 USD will be charged for the second standard check bag under 50 Lbs or 23 kg, each way.
- The maximum baggage size of the bag in the economy class must not exceed 62 inches or 158 cm in length, width, and height.
- The checked luggage allowance will depend on the routes and ticket type.
- The first checked bag for any class will be free for the Delta Airlines SkyMiles members.
Excess or oversized bags:
If your bags exceed the general requirement, you need to pay more charges for the excess bags. Following are the conditions that you need to check and measure the liner inches or centimeters:
- You are allowed to check a maximum of 10 bags per passenger on the journey with delta airlines.
- Delta will limit the excess bags if they prevent them from transporting the luggage accordingly.
- For the overweight bags between 51 lbs to 70 lbs, you need to pay charges of $100 USD.
- The fees of $200 USD will be charged for the overweight bags between 71-100 lbs.
- For the oversized bags between 63-80 inches, you need to pay the fees of $200 USD.
- Delta airlines will not accept bags exceeding 100 lbs and 80 inches.
With the above information, you will see the baggage-related information. You can also get through with the Delta Airlines customer service team. Thus, to speak to a delta representative fast, you can connect directly with them on the phone. For this, you need to dial the phone number 1 (800) 221-1212 and follow the automated voice commands. Once your call connects, you can discuss the economy class baggage. The customer service team are accessible round the clock. You can also see several other ways available in their contact section.