People who are looking to migrate to Australia and wish to reunite with their partner. One can apply for a partner visa that will allow them to live with their partner by bringing them to Australia. There are plenty of requirements that an applicant needs to fulfil for getting a partner visa. Some of them say that relationships should be genuine. However, these applicants face rejection and stay unaware of the reasons.
- inability to give enough relationship evidence like social, financial, inability to define the relationship and household commitment nature.
- submitting incorrect or misleading information in the interview
- submitting the application file with an incorrect pattern or format
- Inability to pass the character test.
- Inaccurate addition of the children’s details
It’s crucial for you to submit precise information and proper documentation to the Department of Home Affairs. Moreover, you should see some important points to consider when applying for your Australian subclass 300 prospective marriage visa.
1. Eligibility For the Visa Category
If your partner is an Australian PR resident or citizen, it will work right for you. This is one of the most effective points to consider while lodging for a successful partner visa.
The different types of partner visas are:
- Partner visa subclass 801 and 820 are the onshore visas that enable a de facto partner or spouse of an Australian PR resident, citizen, or eligible citizens from New Zealand to stay in Australia. The visa 820 entitles the applicant to stay in Australia for about two years. If the applicant wishes to stay in Australia permanently then they have to apply for a permanent 801 visa in that period.
- Both partner visa subclass 309 and 100 are offshore visas. Visa subclass 309 is a temporary visa, whereas visa 100 is a permanent visa. The initial grant of visa 309 enables the applicant to live in Australia for about two years. Subsequently, the applicant can go for the permanent partner visa 100 within that timespan.
- The prospective marriage visa 300 is entitled to those engaged and wants to marry an Australian permanent resident, citizen, or any eligible citizen from New Zealand. It enables the applicants to stay in Australia for nine months.
2. Arranging Your Documentation & Preparing Application
The visa applicant needs to put forward their various details, including identity proof, passport-size photographs, sponsor, health and character criteria, and relationship.
Visa Subclass 820 and 801:
- Dependent stepchildren or children in the visa application.
- Similar rights and visa conditions will be given to the dependent family members.
Migrant 100 and Provisional Visa Subclass 309
- Stepchildren or children in the visa application.
- You can mention family members in the application.
- You can include them when you submit your visa application
- You can add your dependent child after lodging the application.
Prospective Marriage Visa 300
- Your family members who’ll be entitled to the same visa conditions and work rights that you enjoy
- You can include dependent stepchildren or children in the visa application.
3. Fulfilling The Crucial Criteria
The sponsor and the applicant must be above 18 years of age to become eligible to apply for a partner visa. The sponsorship must be for a minimum tenure of two years. Some points to remember are:
- Partner Visa Subclass 820 (Temporary): This visa allows the spouse or de facto partner of an Australian permanent resident, citizen, or eligible New Zealand citizen to stay in Australia temporarily. However, you must be in Australia while applying.
- Partner Visa Subclass 801 (Permanent): This permanent visa enables the spouse or de facto partner of an Australian permanent resident, citizen, or eligible New Zealand citizen to stay in Australia permanently. It is meant for the current temporary partner 820 visa holders.
- Prospective Marriage Visa Subclass 300: While applying for this visa, you must be able to prove that you’re 18 years or above and that you’re outside Australia at that time. You have to meet the health and character requirements, the relationship criteria, and your fiancee/fiance must sponsor them. For sponsors, you have to be the visa applicant’s fiance and must not hold or have been entitled to certain visas.
Tip: Consulting an immigration agent in Perth is a good way to determine the criteria you need to fulfill with exact precision and details. It will increase your chances of getting the visa granted quickly and effectively.
4. Communicating With The Case Officer or The Department of Home Affairs
Depending on your application and profile, the Department of Home Affairs will look for further evidence or documentation. You can look for such requests on the department’s official site, and your case officer will notify it via email too. However, you get only 28 days to respond to it. Often, the department seeks requests for an interview with the partner visa applicants. The case officer may opt to verify all the claims with the listed witnesses on your application. Also, you must ensure to cross-examine all the facts precisely before you submit them to the authority.
Tip: You must avoid providing misleading or false information. You should be more precise with your details. For any confusion or query, it’s best not to take the chances and contact your migration consultant in Perth.
5. Visa Application Processing Time
You must know the processing time for the different partner visas in Australia. They are:
Provisional Partner Visa Subclass 100:
- 75% of applications: 18 months
- 90% of applications: 22 months
- 75% of applications: 18 months
- 90% of applications: 24 months
Prospective Marriage Visa Subclass 300:
- 75% of applications: 18 months
- 90% of applications: 28 months
6. Seek Professional Assistance From A Registered Migration Agent
It’s crucial to consult and seek professional guidance from a Registered Migration Agent Perth. This is because they help you avoid visa application rejection due to inaccurate paperwork and errors. Apart from proofreading your application, the registered agent will ensure customized guidance as every visa case situation and partner-relationship dynamic is different.
Before jumping into the application procedure, you must know all the criteria and processes involved with the above-mentioned partner visas. If you feel any confusion or have any queries, consult your immigration agent.
Also Read: Tips To Live A Happier Life