This error occurs when a client wants to access new updated version of QuickBooks. This QuickBooks error 15221 disturbs their working patterns and break off the user to pursue their work on the application. It can damage files, data, and your work.
Reason behind the QuickBooks error 15221
Many factors come together to create this bug. After getting the information about these causes, we can reach to best solutions to clarify these errors. Let’s know the factors:
- QuickBooks have corrupted file.
- Inappropriate digital signatures.
- Windows firewall security settings prevent QuickBooks to update.
Steps to resolve QuickBooks payroll error15221
Here we will discuss many solutions for QuickBooks error 15221 to be error free:
Step1: Update your web browser
When a user or a client work on old browser, then quick books will not work in an efficient manner.
- From the Windows taskbar press Click on Start
- In search box type Update and hit
- List of programs will appear, choose Windows Update from the top of the list.
- Window update screen will show, choose Check for Updates.
- If new version is applicable, then press Enter to Download and install.
- Once installation is done, restart the system and check if their error is rectified.
Step2: Update QuickBooks to a new version
To keep the software error free, we should update QuickBooks desktop to latest release version regularly. Do you know why?
Because New version brings advanced features like new design and tool, more space, more security, more accuracy and much more. We cannot miss these features otherwise we will stay back. Let’s check out the process of update:
- From your computer desktop choose QuickBooks Icon.
- Open it and move on the Help menu
- Click on Help menu and select Update QuickBooks option from the drop-down list.
- Here it will show a list of current versions, click on appropriate software version.
- After selecting the right version click on Update Now option to start upgradation.
- Close the application and restart the system to save the modifications.
Step 3: Turn on Digital signature certification
It means only authorized user can log in and access the company file. That’s why digital signatures certification is required. Follow the steps to install it:
- Visit the path C:\Program File\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Find the exe folder then right click on it.
- Choose properties and click over it.
- Visit digital signatures tab from the appeared window.
- Make sure Intuit Inc is selected.
- Press enter key for
- Details window will be shown here then click on View Certificate.
- Click on Install Certificate inside certificate screen.
- Click on Next after displaying last text.
- Press enter for
- Restart the system and open QuickBooks to download the updates.
Step 4: Delete the junk and unnecessary files
To clean up the space delete the junk and unnecessary files because they slow down the system performance.
- Check the anti-malware is present in your system.
- open the tool named “Disk Clean-up” to remove unwanted files.
- Select the drive for which you want to clean up.
- From the particular drive select the files which you want to delete.
- Click on ok
- Close the screen.
You may also read : After all is said and done, more is said than done
We hope that we are able to make you understand the reason of QuickBooks error 15221 and its solution. We tried our best to give you knowledge about that.
However, if you need further assistance please feel free to dial 1-800-761-1787 and speak to our QuickBooks payroll error support team.