Compared to all the possible dental treatment options that we have today, Invisalign has taken the center spot for being a transparent, easy, and effective way to fix your crooked teeth.
And if you’re a new user, congratulations on getting your Invisalign! Now that you’ve finally started using them, it’s only a matter of time before you can present yourself with straighter teeth and an effortless smile.
All that said, we’re sure that you must’ve asked yourself, ‘How long before my Invisalign starts to show results?’
Relax, you’re not alone; that’s one question common with almost every second user of it. So, therefore, to end the confusion, we consulted the experts at Invisalign braces in Columbia SC.
Continue reading as we explore the actual time taken for Invisalign to how results.
Effective Timeline For Invisalign Treatment!
Invisalign therapy aims to shift your teeth into a healthier position over time progressively. Each patient receives a different pair of aligners (depending on their dental issues), and each set will bring your teeth closer together than they were previously.
Each set is intended to bring your teeth closer together. As a result, it will take some time before you see positive benefits from the therapy. Although most patients will need more time, some individuals may experience the effects of Invisalign therapy in as little as two weeks.
Therefore, to give you a fair answer, there’s no specific timeline for these braces to show effective results! The human body is unique, and everybody has a different dental situation.
However, on average, it takes 24 months for Invisalign users to get a permanent solution to their dental problems. However, experts at the Smiles Family dentist also suggest that these results are in motion once you start using them for six months.
Besides, there are also some expectations for the effectiveness of Invisalign braces that we’ve discussed in the next section.
Factors Affecting Invisalign Treatment
- The type of spacing or occlusion in your teeth: One of the primary factors that affect the Invisalign treatment is the type of spacing or occlusion that you may have in your teeth. Depending on the gap and the alignment, your dentist in Columbia SC might come up with a unique design.
Depending on whether your design is based on underbite, crowding, overbite, or gap, your dentist might be able to give you a better idea of the timeline.
- Your age: Age is another deciding factor that you come across in Invisalign treatment. Dentists back their idea with common science. When you’re young, your teeth are flexible, making them easier to reshape or realign.
However, that doesn’t mean that adult teeth are fixed or impossible to move! When opting for Invisalign treatment as an adult, it’s only a matter of time before the treatment starts showing clear results.
- Your compliance with your treatment plan
Another factor that may influence the length of your therapy is how carefully you adhere to the treatment plan! The aligner trays used for Invisalign treatments focus on one tooth at a time.
This means you’ll have to transfer trays once that individual tooth is aligned and is ready to move on to the next. This typically has a predetermined timetable; your therapy will take longer if you don’t stick to it. Besides, it is another primary reason people opting for Invisalign in Columbia SC prefer visiting professionals like Smile Dental care.
There are primarily three different factors affecting the rate of effectiveness of your treatment plan! In a nutshell, it’s about the treatment plan, age, and compliance to the treatment plan that directly affects the effectiveness of Invisalign braces.
Takeaway Tips For Better Results Wearing Invisalign
While there are some factors you can’t control, here are a few to help you improve the adequate time of your Invisalign. They are:
- Trust your professionals and only keep regular appointments with your orthodontist or regular dentist.
- Continue wearing your aligners for up to 22 hours a day, removing them only to eat, drink, or for short intervals when you feel necessary.
- Don’t skip out on missing trays; switch your trays as per schedule.
- If you’re unsure about the current treatment plan, ask your dentist for a change and try a different option.
Invisalign Can Be Faster With The Experts!
Invisalign is an excellent means over traditional braces! While it may take some time to get you effective results, it’s worth the time invested.
No matter if you’re busy looking for ‘best dentist’ or ‘Invisalign near me’ on the web. The only possible way to reduce the time is to align with the treatment plan and follow it rigorously.