What is hospitality?
Hospitality Courses is a process of welcoming people and delivering courtesy and generousness to them. The term “Hospitality” is derived from the word “hospes” in Latin which means visitor. It defines a relationship between two persons one is the guest and the other is the host.
Types of the hospitality industry:
- Lodging – It means that the guest is provided accommodation for living in a hotel, motel, and other places.
- Food and Beverages – In this business, the food and beverages such as tea, coffee, etc are prepared and served to the guest.
- Recreation – This business includes activities such as parties, Game Zone, nightclubs, etc. related to recreation for the enjoyment of guests.
- Entertainment – In this, guests get a choice such as watching a movie, circus, or theatre for entertainment purposes.
- Health and Sports – This type of business include sports such as playing pool, skiing, etc. and in the health sector, all services related to hygiene are provided to the guests.
- Travel – In this the guest does traveling in high-class flights and jets and receives proper services related to hospitality.
- Tourism – The Tourism industry is growing and the guests get itineraries for touring different destinations.
- Arts and culture – This business includes a trip to museums and art galleries for the guests.
Why hospitality Courses is important?
- Helps in the growth of retaining those customers who are old and frequently visit.
- Reviews play a major role as getting positive reviews is a major factor in this industry.
- This business helps in making a brand bigger by increasing its reputation.
- Hospitality industry has great prospects which help in career building.
- Customers or guests will have good memories of the services that they receive.
- It helps in maintaining and improving relationships with the guests.
- This business is also great to build a network for customer support.
Types of hospitality courses are:
Short courses: There are commonly two types of short courses such as :
- Food safety handlers – In this, one adheres to food safety measures such as practices involved in food storage, food preparation, etc. The duration of this course is 7 to 8 hours.
- Food Safety Supervisor – In this, the students learn supervising skills to manage the employees regarding food practices such as non-contamination of food and food hazards.
TAFE certificates & diplomas: These are some courses such as :
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery – The duration of this course is three years. The students get proper training in the preparation of food, planning of menu, and safety of food.
- Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery – It is a part-time course and the duration is one year. In this, one gets training in how to manage people and other work related to operations.
- Certificate II in Hospitality: The duration of this course is two years and this course helps in understanding how the food and beverage can be served to the customers with safe practices.
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management: The duration of this course is 1.5 years and one learns how to manage people and plan businesses in the hospitality sector.
- Diploma of Hospitality Management: This course helps candidates to learn how to make strategies in business and plan accordingly.
Bachelor of Business (Hospitality and Tourism Management):
This course deals in various sectors such as marketing, international hospitality, event management, human resource, etc., and after completing a diploma in business one can work in these fields.
Post Graduate Courses: There are 2 courses such as:
- Master of Business(Tourism and Destination Management): This is a two years course in which one will learn how to develop policies and procedures in the tourism sector including destination planning and management.
- Master of Tourism and Destination Management: This is an advanced level course that will take 1.5 years to complete and one will learn skills in management of events and tourist places and destinations.
After completing the hotel management certificate courses, there are multiple career outcomes such as:
- Hospitality manager
- Hotel manager
- Food and Beverage manager
- Conference Coordinator
- Tourism Operator
- Hospitality, Retail, or Service Manager
- Cafe or Restaurant Manager
- Event Manager
- Room service Provider
- Bar Manager
- Tour Guide
Hospitality Courses Job Outcomes
After completing the hospitality management courses, there are excellent job prospects such as the hospitality manager earning around 71,328 per year, the hotel manager earning around $102859 per year, and the tour operator has a salary of $70,000 per year and much more. So hurry now and register for Right Training Courses.
Hospitality Courses are the most popular courses in Australia. In this article one will learn about what is hospitality, why hospitality is important, types of hospitality courses, hospitality courses career outcomes and job prospects in this sector.
Also Read: Study the Best BBA Courses in Raipur